Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Soul’s Life Sentence by C.A. Boyd

Another morning has come too soon,

my eyes aren’t adjusted, nor my heart.

I can’t find the reasons, the whys to walk out my door,

the pain is too much, too dull for me to take part.


The pressure of living has surpassed my threshold,

there is nothing that stimulates or encourages my soul.

The world’s road has left me numb, unable to feel.

the shine of my diamond transformed back into coal.


Sadness is my only friend and weariness my companion,

I look up to the sky and ask God for an answer.

Silence the response but yet I ask on,

I already know my misery is my own problem, my own cancer.


It seems that my heart’s content is only a fable,

there is no end in sight to my soul’s despair.

I’ve worked, I’ve pleaded, but nothingness is it,

maybe one day I’ll escape from this self made electric chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment